If you haven't taken advantage of mobile fitness apps, you may be missing out on an easy, accessible and effective tool that can make exercise more fun, engaging and measurable.
Which Fitness App Is Right For Me?
It depends, of course, on what your goals are, what type of activities you enjoy and whether you prefer social fitness or solo fitness. Here are five of the most downloaded app:
1. My Fitness Pal: This is one of the most popular and downloaded apps available, and it's no wonder. If you are looking for an all-around fitness app then this might be for you. With this app you are able to track your food intake and exercise, helping you keep track of progress. There is an active community, giving it that social aspect that can make fitness fun.
My Fitness Pal also works with other fitness technology and apps such as Fitbit and Runkeeper.
2. 7 Minute Workout Challenge: If you are pressed for time, this is a handy app to have. Put together by fitness experts, the 7 Minute Workout Challenge features 12 research-backed exercises that pack a serious workout into a short period of time. Users can track goals and see progress. Fans of the app report that they have seen real results, and the bite-size workouts are perfect for busy parents, students and anyone else who is crunched for time.
3. Couch To 5K: If you have ever wanted to run a 5K but felt that it was impossible, Couch To 5K may be the inspiration you have been looking for. The app takes you by the hand and gives you the training and support you need to run a 5K.
4. Zombies, Run!: This app uses gamification to motivate fitness. Fans of video games and zombies will get a kick out of this mission-driven fitness app. Run or get eaten!
5. Fitbit: This is a combination app and hardware program that give data-driven results that monitor movement, calories burned and even your sleep. The app works with the Fitbit bracelet to record your movements throughout the day and night.
Can Fitness Apps Help Me At The Gym?
In many cases, yes. Apps like My Fitness Pal and Fitbit can be used in conjunction with your normal gym routine to help you with encouragement, tracking and accountability. If you are looking for a gym with state of the art fitness equipment, knowledgeable instructors and amazing classes, contact the Downtown Athletic Club in Amarillo.