A Healthy Workforce Offers Higher Profits
Human resource experts will tell you that companies have a stake in making sure their staff members are healthy and have lower levels of stress. Think about this:
- A healthy workforce has lower absenteeism. When people are in poor health, they are more likely to take a day off due to personal illness and stress-related issues. These losses add up to significant lost productivity every year.|
- A healthy workforce has lower presenteeism. When someone is not feeling good due to a health issue, they are not performing at their best level at work. HR experts call this presenteeism. Many companies report that presenteeism is a big concern, since the amount of lost productivity for this outweighs absenteeism several times over.
- A healthy workforce reduces healthcare costs for everyone. Companies that promote wellness incentives for their employees can see lower insurance costs. With less health care claims and improving health levels, the costs for each employee's health care will go down.
- A healthy workforce improves company profitability. Increased productivity, lower health care costs, and healthy employees all translate into increasing profits and reducing costs.
If you want to make a healthy and happy lifestyle accessible to your employees, you need to make it convenient, affordable, and employee-focused. Offering them a corporate wellness program from a local athletic club or health center is a great way to make this happen. What do corporate wellness packages often entail?
- Corporate fitness classes - Classes specially put together for workgroups or departments.
- Lunch and learns - Topics are diverse and may include nutrition, wellness information, the do's and don'ts of working out, among other topics.
- Personal trainers come to the office for workout sessions - Getting to the gym is a challenge for many people who have full-time or demanding jobs. Having the option to do a bit of exercise in the office is a great way to promote fitness and fit it into your busy schedule. Yoga in the mornings before your cup of coffee and a 30-minute cardio session at lunch are just a couple of examples of things you could do.
- Customizable workouts for employees - Fitting in exercise during the holidays while stuck at the office or a fast workout before or after work is the perfect way to get wellness training going.
- Discounted memberships - To promote ongoing fitness, you need to offer discounts on fitness center memberships. This will encourage people to keep up their fitness and wellness routines.
If you work in Amarillo, the Downtown Athletic Club is conveniently located on the fourth floor of the Maxor building. The DAC offers an array of amenities for businesses, from personal training and lunch and learns, to group discounts and customized classes. The Downtown Athletic Club wants to help you and your employees get healthy, happy, and improve their overall well-being. Contact the DAC today for a tour of our facility or to get more information about our corporate wellness offerings.