Are There Age Limitations For Massages?
Fortunately, anyone can get a massage regardless of their age. In most states, massages are not limited by age restrictions. Simply put, massages offer countless benefits for people of all ages. However, if you are under the age of 18, make sure you check with your massage therapists or the spa to ensure you are not required to have any parental signatures. It's always a great practice to have you parents accompany you for the first appointment if you are under 18.
Where Is The Best Place To Get A Massage?
Massages are no longer limited to high end luxury spas and upscale health clubs. Due to the high demand of this therapeutic treatment, massages are practically offered everywhere.
Massages can even be scheduled and given in hospitals, homes, businesses, clinics, and even in airports. However, more and more athletic centers are quickly becoming one of the most frequented places for massages.
What Types Of Massages Are There?
- Swedish massages is the gentlest form of a massage. By using kneading, long strokes, vibration, tapping, and deep circular movements, Swedish massages are designed to help you relax and feel energized.
- Deep massages are designed to use stronger strokes to get to the deep tissue and muscles. This type of massage is usually used to help with injuries.
- Sports massages are similar to the Swedish massage, but sports massages are more geared toward athletes.
- Trigger point massages target the tight muscle fiber areas. These areas will typically form after muscle overuse or injury.
Although a large number of people get massages to relax, several years of research suggests massages are ideal for much more than relaxation. Most experts agree massages are effective treatment for stress, muscle tension and pain. In addition, massages are also effective at relieving:
- Digestive disorders
- Stress-related insomnia
- Nerve pain and paresthesias
- Soft tissue injuries and strains
- Several other ailments
Although one single massage will result in benefits, massages are cumulative. This means the more massages you receive, the better and healthier you will feel. As a result, most facilities and gyms now offer more convenient and affordable plans for a package of massages.
In addition to the seemingly endless massage benefits, you don't have to leave the Downtown Athletic Club to relax, feel energized, or simply have the kinks worked out. It's simple. Schedule your massage with one of our certified massage therapists after your next workout to look and feel your best.