Why Should I Try a Group Fitness Class?
There are many reasons you should give a group fitness class a shot. Don’t be intimidated if you aren’t in shape. This is what group classes are for! They are a great segway to jumpstart your fitness routine and pathway to a healthier lifestyle. Here’s why:
- They Instill Fitness Habits - Studies have shown that people are more likely to stick with a fitness regimen if they make it part of their routine. Group fitness classes offer this chance. You have a class at a certain time on certain days. Showing up for those classes makes fitness part of your habits and routines.
- They Make People Accountable for Their Fitness - When people become part of a class, they have people looking after them. The trainer will make sure the participants are paying attention and working out correctly, offering encouragement and challenges along the way. Fellow students will notice if someone didn’t show up, too. This accountability is a great motivator for many people. Get a friend or family member to come with you. This will serve as even more motivation to show up to your fitness class because you don’t want to let someone else down.
- They Offer a Chance to Meet New People and Socialize - Many think of exercise as a lonely, solitary slog. Being able to meet new people at a group fitness class is a great alternative to a solo workout. Many people socialize before and after class making it even more fun. This helps keep people coming back and makes exercise a fun group activity.
- They Offer a Fun and Exciting Way to Get Fit - Many people do not want to be bored when exercising. Doing the same thing over and over ensures boredom. A fun, exciting class with a group of people is anything but boring. When you are having a good time, time flies, does it not? And so do calories!
- They Give a Little Competition to the Fitness Routine - No one wants to be outdone by the person next to them. Having someone next to you doing the same thing inspires a bit of competition. Even those who are just getting started can tap into this competition and get their blood pumping to get through class and make those extra steps to fitness.
- They Give a Complete Body Workout in a Single Class - Trainers love to teach students circuit training and other complete body workouts. For those who don't want to do circuit training, a group fitness class is the perfect solution. You get an entire body workout without looking at any circuit routines or equipment. Check your athletic club’s schedule and see what interests you. If you don’t like a class, try another one. You’ll likely have plenty to choose from, such as Zumba, cycling, yoga, lifting and more. There may be some unique classes too, such as a sculpting class for swimsuit season or a boot camp during the holidays.
More Than 30 Group Fitness Classes at the Downtown Athletic Club
With these benefits, it is no wonder that group fitness classes are always full at most fitness centers. If you are interested in attending a group fitness class, come by and check out our selection here at the Downtown Athletic Club. We are a fully equipped fitness center in downtown Amarillo.
We offer a wide array of group fitness classes including Flow Yoga, Zumba, Bosu, Total Body Conditioning, TRX Suspension Training, and Keiser Cycling, among others. We offer more than 30 classes at different times of the day so you can find one that fits into your schedule — morning, afternoon or evening — and your interests. Our classes are taught by certified instructors who genuinely care about your well-being and health. You do not have to be a member of the DAC to attend group fitness classes. Contact the Downtown Athletic Club today to learn more about our group fitness classes and find out how to jumpstart your workout routine.